Pages

Welcome

Sisters of the Page has been on the web since 2007. We have featured the works of Misti Rainwater-Lites, MK Chavez, Judy Brekke and Craig Sernotti.

SOTP is a place where we promote female writers, artists, and photographers. This is our goal and our emphasis however, from time to time, we will open the page to everyone in order to showcase some of their works.

Please feel free to click on our archive for past works. It is located at the bottom of each page. If you have comments, please post them under the artist's work, General comments may be directed to the editor at midulcevida66@gmail.com.

Abusive and deragatory comments will not be tolerated and will be immediately removed.

We hope you enjoy your visit. Thanks for stopping by.

Juliana Vargas
Editor-Sisters of the Page



Sunday, September 30, 2007

two by melissa hansen



The wild god

The wild god hangs with the goats

Because he is in you

I want him in me

Because he can see you

I want him

to see me

I smell him from a distance

my nose

it does not twitch

The wild god hangs with the goats

I am selfish

I want god to dig into me

to bury me


I cry with desire

I burn my skin with fire

My pilgrim lust

I give to one

my bloody

heart

beats

ripe

like sun

The wild god hangs with the goats

I want him

And I think he wants me too



Cold Eve

The fog brews lovingly.

Inches away

the dawn is forced to recede.

Further and further

it lays.

Swept into the night

with nature's black broomed whores

who swallow lovingly.

Melissa Hansen lives in San Francisco where she writes stories and poetry that enjoy lying in swollen notebooks while hiding in dark drawers. Her poetry has been published by Leaf Press, Silenced Press, The Smoking Poet, and The Guild of Outsider Writers. You can contact her here:
www.myspace.com/quicksecret

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our artists thrive off your feedback. Please post your comments.

Previous submissions